Today was a beautiful day.
– George Eastman Day of Service with the freshmen and Ellen and Matthew Ardizzone at the Garth Fagan Dance Studio
– Bonding time with David, Kit, Andrea, two violinists and Sandra/Sondra
– Party in the soggy red Jeep (John: “There is something wet by my feet.” Brian: “It smells bad in here.” John: “It probably has something to do with the something wet here by my feet.”)
– My little sib Theo (paraphrasing): “You’re amazing. I can’t wait to hear you sing. You’re all so great.” (Slightly beer-induced but flattering and kind, especially since we are at the kind of school where everyone really IS so great and at times one might tend to feel somewhat inadequate.)
– Being at the same party as my secret, moody, might-be-gay percussionist crush, even if he is slightly weird and antisocial
– Being at the same party and spending time with my not-so-secret completely harmless mini-singer crushes David, Sam, and Theo
– Having friends who like to hug me
– Having friends… ridiculous but truest thing on this page. After a summer of talking to almost no one, it is so, so stunning to have people actually wanting to talk to me
– First kiss with the magnificent Matthew. Katie: “You guys totally just could have kissed on the lips and both avoided it.” Matt: “Want to just kiss on the lips?” Me: “Yeah.”
– My mother is visiting me tomorrow!!